Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the
freedom to enjoy active lives. That's why we're focused on helping
people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and
comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data
to drive better-informed decisions. We're revolutionizing the way
people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This position entails selling the entire line of ADC Products to
a regional market based accounts, with a strong emphasis on
government sales. The selling process includes developing new
business in defined regional accounts, as well as growing existing
customer base. It includes determining customer needs, developing
account specific strategies, creating customer commitment to
change, and implementing conversion (training and start up) upon
The position includes any of the following customer types:
Federal Government Medical Centers, including, but not limited to
Dept of Defense (MTF's), VA Medical Centers, Indian Health Tribes,
Public Health agencies, and Managed Care.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness
of the quality system.
- Selling, including cross-divisional initiatives and customer
- Assess business impact of contracting opportunities to include
overall profitability and impact on sales and margin.
- Working to ensure optimal territory management and efficient
- Account Management/Customer Care.
- Leadership and self development.
- Effectively manage assigned budget while maximizing return on
- This position will be responsible for developing business in
accounts that are regional in scope.
- Other accountabilities include budgeting, customer VIP trips to
key locations, semi-annual business reviews, accurate forecasting,
preparation of customer business plans, and new product
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Four year degree in Business, Communications, Health Sciences
or equivalent experience.
- A high degree of computer literacy (functional ability to use
Microsoft Office expected).
- 3.0 to 5.0 years of proven successful sales track record at
Abbott Laboratories or equivalent. Will generally require 4+ years
of successful sales experience if candidate is from outside of
Also critical for success:
- Analytical ability, negotiation skills, and contract/legal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including
presentation and listening skills)
- High energy level; positive attitude and confidence
- Integrity and professionalism
- Initiative and self-motivation; work ethic
- Career ambition
- Organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Leadership and team orientation; ability to work with peers
from other divisions, and ancillary support groups such as
Marketing, Contract Marketing, Credit/Finance and Account Sales &
Service to develop account-specific solutions.
This position may be offered at different levels, depending on
the experience of the candidate.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and