Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position: Technical Leader
Report to: Technical Manager
Location: Winfield, KS
Evaluates work processes to determine strategies and programs
which provide greater productivity and
efficiency of the Blow Molding and Injection Molding functions.
Lead assorted technical teams and/or shifts to maximize plant
performance and achieve financial targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate improvement activities on the manufacturing floor
directly related to equipment capabilities, equipment design, new
technologies, area layout and auxiliary equipment.
- Develops strategies and programs that improve the productivity
and efficiency of the various work
processes of the company.
- Applies various industrial engineering problem solving and
productivity techniques to evaluate the
improvement of recommended strategies and programs.
- Train and develop factory hourly teams.
- Monitor production process documentation and control.
- Troubleshooting and improvement of machine operational
equipment effectiveness issues.
- Process improvements to include scrap, cycle, mold change, part
to part, steel to steel and down time.
- Maximizing material usage variance opportunities.
- Prioritizes daily issues and assigns appropriate resources to
resolve issues as needed.
- Supports all other departmental objectives through teamwork and
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical
safety issues and employee
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related engineering or technical field
- Minimum of 5 years blow molding and/or injection molding
- Previous experience in leadership role with direct reports or
large project management preferred.
- Ability to reason, make decisions, and use independent judgment
in various situations.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Must be able
to communicate effectively, both in oral and written form, among
different levels of the organization.
- Must be organized, a team player and be committed to quality
- Must be able to handle multiple-projects at a time,
self-motivated and pro-active.
- Must have knowledge of MS Office applications.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot,
Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK,
Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For
hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better
every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and
its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with
applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to
Keywords: Newell Brands, Wichita , Technical Leader, Other , Winfield, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!