Design Technician Trainee Engineering
Company: Builders Firstsource, Inc.
Location: Valley Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Associate in this position is actively developing the skills and
competencies required for the Component Technician/Truss Designer
job function. The trainee is expected to complete all phases of the
required 16-week intensive training program which consists of
online training, classroom training, and hands-on experience.
- Under the supervision of a design manager, completes all phases
of the Truss Designer training program.
- In partnership with more senior designers, prepares basic roof
and/or floor truss designs by reading and interpreting blueprints
and conferring with sales and/or customers regarding general
details of the job requirement.
- Computes plan dimensions and enters design parameters and
layouts per plan into specialized designing software.
- Review plans with experienced designers to ensure they are
accurate and conform to standards.
- Produce truss placement layouts for final construction.
- Provide job site support, with the aid of sales associates or
senior designers, when requested.
- Learn pricing methods and draft bid proposals.
- Prepare for and take a series of tests required for
- Upon completion of the 16-week training, DIT is expected to be
able to design an accurate, simple one-story structure.
Associates degree in a directly related field or equivalent
field experience in Construction or Design shops. Prior shop
experience and/or construction knowledge strongly preferred.
Framing experience is a plus.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a
protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214)
765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send
resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to
request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT -
English/Spanish Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Keywords: Builders Firstsource, Inc., Wichita , Design Technician Trainee Engineering, Other , Valley Center, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!