This position is responsible for managing
all operational and team member aspects of a specialty retail farm
and ranch store. Primary duties include driving sales and profit,
building the team, building customer loyalty, and leading execution
of company standards. This position is also responsible for
promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members
on the appropriate application of policies and
procedures. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a
valid driver’s license.
It is essential that you be available,
flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to
fulfill all of the following requirements:
1. Maintain regular and predictable
2. Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours,
days, nights, weekends as dictated by business needs.
3. Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by
following and enforcing policies and procedures.
4. Take the initiative to support selling initiatives and build
customer loyalty through GURA:
• Greet the
• Uncover the Customers’ needs.
• Recommend products.
• Ask for the Sale.
5. Drive sales and profit. This includes
driving top line sales, creating and modeling behaviors to support
a culture of selling, executing merchandising initiatives, expense
control, profit/loss management, as well as protecting company
assets and reducing shrink by adhering to loss prevention
6. Building the store team. This includes
hiring/staffing decisions, Team Member retention, managing the
schedule and payroll management, Team Member training and
development, succession planning, Team Member performance reviews
and counseling, and maintaining a safe and productive work
7. Lead execution of Tractor Supply Company standards. This
includes store presentation standards/processes, inventory
management, freight movement, pricing/promotional activities, loss
prevention, procedural audit compliance, as well as planning and
delegation of daily tasks.
8. This position is required to perform a combination of the
following duties during their day. Although the mix may vary from
one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it
essential that every Store Manager be able to perform all of the
following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular
basis and without advance notice:
• Handle and resolve
customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has a positive
• Perform opening and closing procedures.
• Transport and make deposits to the bank.
• Operate cash register/computer
• Supervise cash handling procedures.
Experience: Minimum of
two years retail leadership experience is required. Farming,
ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
Profit/Loss, scheduling, shrink control, payroll management,
staffing, hiring, supervising and counseling experience is
preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid
Education: High School
diploma or the equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in
Business Administration or related field preferred. Regardless of
education level, you must be able to read, write and count
Other knowledge, skills or
to perform and execute principle responsibilities of Team
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard
surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are
adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather
• Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no
less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours. Store Managers do not
work standard shifts and are required to work whatever hours are
necessary to fulfill their job duties.
• Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as train Team Members on
the appropriate application of policies and
Physical and Mental
Requirements (Essential Functions):
This position is non-sedentary.
Being visible, accessible to, and communicative with team members
throughout the store is essential, as is the ability to train and
cover for team members to fulfill customer service needs. It is
essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability
to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely;
to operate all equipment related to this position’s job duties
efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the
highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and
mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or
without reasonable accommodation):
• Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50
pounds, throughout the store.
• Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the
assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet
• Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
• Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
• Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
• Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling
floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store
(e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash
• Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
• Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
• Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills
to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
• Ability to process information / merchandise through the
• Ability to successfully complete training and certification to
safely dispense propane.
• Ability to successfully complete all required training.
• Ability to travel as required in support of district needs and to
• Ability to drive for business needs.
This job description represents an overview of the
responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A
team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her
Supply Company (TSCO), the largest
rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to
enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members’
commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores
in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply
ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8
billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve
those who live “Life out Here”!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great
Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company
offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, &
Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time
Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours
requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such
as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an
Employee Stock Purchase Plan