Senior Direct Support Professional
Company: Envision, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY Provide services and instructional activities
to individuals with developmental disabilities as well as
blindness, in a day program setting, while providing support to
staff, Supervisor, and Manager on a day-to-day basis. KEY
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Demonstrate good role modeling around other staff and consumers
in line with the Envision Mission and Core Values, as well as PRIDE
- Work alongside the Supervisor to coordinate community
activities for the program (plan outings, give choice to consumers,
arrange to collect monies, send notes home collaborating with home,
collect monies and assign staff that will attend activities in
absence of Supervisor and/or Manager).
- Attend PCSP/BASIS or other team meetings in the absence of the
Direct Support Professional, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Assist Supervisor & Manager with training of new hire staff on
the daily operations of PRIDE, consumer care and proper procedures
for PRIDE schedule when requested (Manager will still be
responsible for training new hires on Envision and PRIDE policies
- Serve as back up to the Supervisor when absent to enter Client
Billing time into Access Program daily and forward to Manager and
- Create an atmosphere of team work. The lead staff will not
supervise staff but should be a liaison between the team, providing
knowledge of the job and proper verbal redirection.
- Arrange consumer work stations for production work, including
set up of work space, maintaining supply of raw materials, quality
checks on items produced and clean-up of work area.
- Provide one-on-one and group instruction as outlined in each
consumers Person Centered Support Plan; implement goals, service
support and treatments as needed and identified in the plan.
- Maintain proper record keeping of goals and objectives of
individual Person Centered Support Plan and/or Individual Education
- Maintain weekly progress notes on all consumers served with no
- Complete incident reports for any accident, illness and/or
observations of consumer care.
- Responsible for administration of consumers medication.
- Monitor sustaining activities, projects, and levels of customer
service (e.g. performance metrics) for material handling operations
and report status, issues, and risks to management on a scheduled
- Set up and complete time studies as requested by Supervisor
- Provide basic hygiene assistance for persons served.
- Provide meal preparation assistance for consumers.
- Act as a role model for individuals served displaying a
positive attitude and being a team player.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE Education: High school diploma or GED
equivalent required. Experience: Previous experience working with
developmentally disabled individuals, 5 years + preferred.
- Gain knowledge of Sedgwick County Developmental Organizations
regulations for the program and be able to portray and ensure those
are implemented throughout our work here in PRIDE (to be completed
within 90 days of hire)
- Gain knowledge of Kansas Department of Aging and Disabilities
licensure requirements for the program and be able to assist
Manager in ensuring that the regulations are implemented in the
program (to be completed within 90 days of hire).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word/word processing and
- Ability to drive company transportation vehicle.
- Possess interpersonal skills necessary to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consumers
served, management and customers.
- Excellent oral and written skills; displays communication that
is complimentary to teaching strategies with individuals who have
developmental disabilities accompanied by legal and/or total
- Strong planning and organizational skills necessary to maintain
a safe work environment.
- Ability to work independently with periodic guidance and
- Ability to give guidance and direction during crisis
interventions with confidence and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively using sign language is a
plus (but not required).
- Maintain excellent background checks and driving records
necessary for position. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0 VISION
REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one) Can be performed with or without
assistive technology: ___ Required to perform activities such as:
preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen;
reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring
devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact. ___
Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or
power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive
tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery. X Required to
review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities
or structures. Requires normal (or corrected to normal)
vision/acuity: Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy
equipment such as forklifts. COMMENTS Envision, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without illegal
discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity,
disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry,
military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual
orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic
characteristics and genetic information, and any other status
protected by law. Envision employs and advances in employment
individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified
individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical
or mental disability or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations
will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. This position description is intended to
convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive
listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed.
Keywords: Envision, Inc., Wichita , Senior Direct Support Professional, Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!