Inventory Control Associate
Company: Morton Buildings
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame
construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and
have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers
nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings
sport the familiar Morton M.
The Inventory Control Coordinator will be part of the Product
Delivery team, reporting to the Regional Plant Manager. The
Inventory Control Coordinator will be responsible for several
routine functions at the manufacturing plant including cycle
counts, purchased materials ordering, and production planning.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with the Transportation Manager, Regional Plant Manager,
and Shipping Supervisor to provide timely and effective production
schedule planning and communication.
- Organizes and schedules daily/weekly workflow for the
- Looks ahead to newly completed shipping schedule workload.
- Working closely with the Regional Plant Manager and Plant
Administrator, establishes and maintains correct and adequate
inventory levels of all inventories stocks and supplies for the
facility. This is accomplished by direct purchase order placement
and coordination with established MBI vendors, and by material
orders from other MBI plant locations.
- Communicates clearly and frequently with internal plant
departments on topics relative to planned production and receiving
- Takes care of internally produced item inventory ordering,
cycle counts and inventory corrections, and recommends minimum
- Learns Production Manager job duties in order to be in a
- Exhibits customer service focus with an emphasis on quality and
- Performs analysis and adheres to MBI's established inventory
value and turns standards.
- Willingness to work regular overtime and off-hours as
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- College coursework completed or equivalent work experience as
an inventory planner and/or materials purchaser preferably in the
- Minimum 3 years of experience required maintain inventories and
manufacturing processes such as scheduling through
- ERP/MRP system input and manipulation is a plus.
- Post frame construction industry experience highly
- Proven process improvement efforts and results achieved.
- Promotes teamwork and demonstrates natural leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational planning skills.
- Ability to work on your feet as required.
- Microsoft Office skills including Outlook email, Word, and
Excel are required.
- Displays accountability, dedication and enthusiasm to manage
plant inventories as if it is your own small company.
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program which makes you an owner of the
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
Keywords: Morton Buildings, Wichita , Inventory Control Associate, Other , Winfield, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!