Accounts Receivable Representative - Webb RD
Company: Grene Vision Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Accounts Receivable Representative is responsible for following
up and resolving claims that have been submitted to third party
insurance payers. This includes claims that have yet to be
adjudicated, underpaid or overpaid accounts, and denied accounts
that require resolution. The Accounts Receivable Representative is
accountable for meeting or exceeding daily/weekly/monthly
productivity targets set forth by ECP productivity policy &
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following are general
responsibilities associated with the job and are listed in order of
greatest to least amount of time spent on the duties.
- Conducts appropriate follow-up of no response third-party
receivables in accordance with payer guidelines
- Reviews and resolves claim denials, conducts follow-up, appeals
processing, and associated template management when
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of payer contractual
- Establishes effective relationships with other Accounts
Receivable Representatives and works in conjunction with all
functional areas of the billing department
- Addresses/resolves issues relating to patient accounts while
noting account actions for complete audit trail of follow-up
- Processes credit balances for assigned insurance(s) in
accordance with payer and enterprise guidelines
- Meets productivity and quality measurement standards as set
forth by ECP enterprise guidelines
- Addresses denial write-offs in accordance with the ECP OPH
Adjustment Approval Policy
- Ability to type and enter data with proficiency and
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while
paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to successfully meet demanding timelines
- Ability to operate essential office equipment, including
multi-line phone, computer, fax machine, scanner and photocopy
- Ability to work overtime when applicable
- Displays eagerness to accept additional responsibilities at the
discretion of management
- Makes decisions in an ethical/effective/sound manner, adheres
to corporate compliance/risk management/safety standards, displays
an open-minded attitude, establishes priorities, conceptualizes,
and organizes time and resources to accomplish the job.
- Responsible for exercising regular and punctual attendance;
complies with ECP policies regarding absenteeism and
- Adheres to ECP confidentiality policy which includes verbal,
written, computer generated, computer accessed, filmed and recorded
information related to patients, their family and visitors, staff,
physicians, and clients. Responsible for the protection of
confidentiality of data at all times.
- Works in a safe manner and follows all ECP safety requirements.
Reports all incidents, near misses, and adverse events.
Job may require other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: While not required, the following are
preferred qualifications associated with the job and will be under
- Minimum 2 years billing or follow-up experience within a
physician's office or medical environment
- Experience in Optometry/Ophthalmology physician practice
- NextGen and Waystar software experience
Education and Experience: The minimum level of education and
experience required to perform the job at a satisfactory level.
- High School diploma is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The minimum level of knowledge,
skills, and abilities to perform the job at a satisfactory
- Demonstrates understanding of business and how actions
contribute to company performance
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology, healthcare coding systems,
and clinics functions
- Experience in the use of CPT and HCPCS required
- Utilizes Practice Management (PM) system and all other software
systems in accordance with Billing Office and/or ECP protocols
- Reviews account information to identify trends, preventable
root cause issues, and communicates these to the Insurance Billing
- Uses creativity/innovation in carrying out
responsibilities/introducing new ideas or programs; adapts
traditional methodologies in accordance with a changing business
Decision Making: Common decisions made in the job and the level of
review or autonomy needed to finalize such decisions.
- HIPAA compliance is strictly followed in accordance with
- May make recommendations regarding policies associated with the
job's purpose and essential responsibilities.
Work Environment: Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly
associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions.
Physical Requirements: Activities that are commonly associated with
the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand and walk and sometimes sit; use hands
to type, handle, or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and
arms; and talk or hear.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Keywords: Grene Vision Group, Wichita , Accounts Receivable Representative - Webb RD, Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!