Ironworker: Level 1 - PEMB
Company: Mahaney Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description Ironworker: Level 1 - PEMB Summary/Objective:
Level 1 Ironworkers are responsible for being an effective member
of a Steel crew to complete daily production goals. Essential
- Take direction from foreman and complete daily takes.
- Understand how to use applicable tools (e.g., tape measure,
speed square, level, snips).
- Participate in trainings including on the job training, new
hire training, and companywide mandatory trainings.
- Complete job site clean-up such as trash and debris
- Work with crew to complete all aspects of assigned job
including repairs, installations, and other tasks assigned.
- Dependable and honest.
- Organized with an attention to detail.
- Works cohesively with diverse teams and with a mutual level of
- Perform work that meets the company standard of having quality,
productive, and safe work.
- Actively keeps busy throughout the day.
- Effectively communicate with crew, foreman and supervisor.
- Must have a positive attitude, dedicated work ethic and ability
to excel in a fast-paced work environment.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with company policies
and applicable laws.
- Must be willing to learn new trades and skills.
- Analyze information and evaluate problems.
- Works to increase team efficiency and uphold high standards of
safety at all times in accordance with Mahaney Group's Safety
- Maintain required tools and personal protective equipment
needed to perform the job.
- Load, transports and unloads material, tools and equipment and
supplies. Position Requirements:
- Ability to follow safety guidelines in accordance with Mahaney
Steel's Safety Policies.
- Ability to work various hours/schedules. Must be willing to
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Ability to work with diverse teams.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift/carry 75+ lbs.
- Ability to climb a 40+ft ladder
- Ability to stand on feet and sit on knees for long periods of
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, agility test, and
drug screen. Experience:
- None required, but construction experience is preferred.
- The position will be performed outdoors, and weather conditions
will be a huge factor as work will occur in the heat, cold, rain,
- This position will be exposed to dusty and dirty conditions as
well as hazardous materials.
- Work is done at elevated surface levels.
- Some work will be performed in an ariel lift. Position
Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time nonexempt
position. Hours of work and start times vary depending on the
season. This position has supervisory responsibilities. Other
Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. Benefits:
- Hourly wage range: $15/hr. to $17/hr.
- Individual Health Insurance paid 100% by Mahaney Steel.
- Life Insurance Policy paid 100% by Mahaney Steel.
- Voluntary dental, vision, and other supplemental benefits.
- Eligible for Paid Time Off after 90 days.
- Eligible for 401(k) Retirement Plan after 6 months. EEO
Statement: Mahaney Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Mahaney Group, Wichita , Ironworker: Level 1 - PEMB, Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!