Machinist - GPI
Company: Great Plains Industries
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Title: CNC Operator / Machinist Shift: Several Shifts
Available: Mon-Thur 6:00am-4:30pm, Mon-Thur 4:20pm-2:50am, or
Weekend pm shift Fri-Sun 6:00pm-6:00am Reports to: Machine Shop
Manager FLSA (Exempt / Non Exempt): Non Exempt Job Summary:
Produces machined parts by, setting up, and operating a computer
numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety
standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Job
- Operate various mills and lathes within the machine shop under
the direction of shop supervisors as assigned.
- Maintain consistent production of quality parts that meet
quality and takt time standards.
- Complete paperwork as required for specific production
- Complete preventative maintenance as assigned on various
- Keep work areas clean and support 6S efforts throughout the
- Use precision measurement tools to verify part
- It is the responsibility of all GPI employees to:
- comply with all Safety requirements of the position and the
- follow the policies outlined in the Employee handbook and the
posted Work Rules for GPI and behave in an ethical manner.
- This Job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of
the employee. The employee may be assigned other responsibilities
as required of the position. Job Qualifications:
- Mechanical aptitude and capability to learn machine shop
production in a progressive manner in order to meet production
goals and eliminate variation in product.
- Ability to communicate with leaders and teammates in a
professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Focused effort to produce a quality product each and every
- 18 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma and/or GED.
- Must be able to pass a 7 year background check and drug screen
- 3+ years' experience operating CNC Mills or similar production
- Technical training at an accredited school.
- Blueprint reading Job Requirements:
- Physical: Ability to safely lift 50lbs minimum.
- Standing on concrete factory floor for 10+ hours per day.
- Must be able to wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses and
other PPE equipment as required for work function.
- Ability to safety reach, stretch, bend and lift parts and
product from a standing position. Tools / Equipment: various hand
tools including some with vibration, CNC mills / lathes, precision
measuring tools Working Conditions:
- GPI machine shop department is a very clean, airconditioned
- GPI work culture is a very positive, inclusive, and team work
- GPI invests greatly in its people, providing the very best
training available to those who wish to advance their machining
knowledge and many other technical, continuous improvement, and
leadership training programs. PI197058193
Keywords: Great Plains Industries, Wichita , Machinist - GPI, Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!