PRN Physical Therapist Assistant
Company: Mays Home Health
Location: Garden City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
1. Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program
with either an Associate's degree in science or applied science
that is approved by American Physical Therapy Association, Inc.
2. Current Certification or License as required by State Law.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating
with individual ages of those served, primarily the geriatric
4. Demonstrates an ability to supervise and direct professional
5. Is self-directed. Has excellent observation and communication
6. Has an ability to deal tactfully with the community.
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
A physical therapy assistant performs services planned, delegated,
and supervised by the physical therapist; assists in preparing
clinical notes and progress reports; and participates in educating
the patient and family, and in in-service program (COP
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Implements physical therapy services in accordance with the plan
of treatment developed by the Physical Therapist and signed by the
physician and planned, delegated and supervised by the PT.
2. Assists PT in treating patient/client to relieve pain, develop
or restore function and maintain maximum performance using
appropriate physical therapy treatments, modalities and procedures
as stated in the physical therapy plan of care.
3. Assists the physician and the PT in assessing the client's level
of functioning by applying appropriate tests and in the development
and revision (as necessary) of the plan of care.
4. Participates in instructing client, family, and other health
team personnel in exercise program developed by PT for
strengthening and controlling the lower extremities.
5. Utilizes physical agents, including, but not limited to heat,
cold, water, light, electricity, ultrasound and massage as directed
and supervised by the PT.
6. Observes records, and reports to the physical therapist and/or
the Agency's Branch Supervisor and RN Case Manager, the
patient's/client's reaction to treatment and any changes in
patient's/client's condition. Documentation reflects
7. Instructs patients/clients in care and use of wheelchairs,
braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthotic devices under
the direction and supervision of the PT.
8. Develops, prepares and maintains individualized client care
progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to
policies. Submits accurate documentation.
9. Participates with Agency staff in care coordination activities,
on an ongoing basis. Assists PT in coordinating the total plan of
care and maintains continuity of client care by liaison with other
health professionals. Participates in coordination of services for
the patient/client. Initiates coordination of services for the
patient/client for complex and/or multidisciplinary clients
whenever needed or helpful to ensure good coordination of care.
10. Cooperates with PT and appropriate staff to provide staff
education when requested and arranged by the Branch Supervisor.
11. Responsible for following all policies and procedures of the
Agency, regarding service delivery, documentation, and care
12. Responsible for keeping current in therapy trends and
knowledge. Participates in In-service programs.
13. Participates in Quality Improvement program of the agency. Can
verbalize own responsibilities and activities.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of
the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Community and home environment,
2. Exposure to infectious diseases,
3. In and out of automobile.
4. This position has been designated Class I Field clinical staff
(see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class I
Field clinical staff duties may be involved in potential exposure
to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious
materials. All Class I Field clinical staff employees will be
offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
1. Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may
include heavy lifting/moving and extensive bending and
3. Ability to deal effectively with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Must meet the required continuing education hours for state
licensure as applicable. Agency personnel are expected to
participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested
and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency
personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other
educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities.
All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational
Keywords: Mays Home Health, Wichita , PRN Physical Therapist Assistant, Other , Garden City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!