Survey Crew Chief
Company: Professional Engineering Consultants
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Professional Engineering ConsultantsEqual Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status Professional
Engineering Consultants (PEC) was founded more than a half century
ago as a full-service consulting firm providing mechanical,
electrical, structural, civil, transportation, water and
wastewater, land development, planning services; a broad range of
field work including survey, geotechnical, construction inspection,
testing, air and water balance capabilities; as well as the all the
essential professions it takes to make it all come together for our
public, private, and industrial clients. Headquartered in Wichita,
Kansas, with additional locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma,
and Colorado, our projects take us across the nation and around the
world. At PEC, our employees have a passion for the communities
where they work, live, and play.
If you are looking for a career path that provides the opportunity
for you to reach your full potential, PEC is the place to
be.--PEC's team culture is built on our ability to solve problems
through a collaborative process.-- We elevate each other by
aligning personal strengths to professional development.-- Our
engineers and staff do not just sit behind desks.-- We work
together with other teams, make site visits, take tours, meet
face-to-face with the clients, establish big goals, and set out to
PEC has an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief in our Wichita,
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a lead to staff to include assigning and monitoring
work, and providing direction in performing various land survey
- Leads and participates in a variety of land survey operations
such as boundary, topography, leveling, design, as-built, and
maintaining horizontal and vertical control networks operating and
utilizing a full range of survey equipment including basic computer
- Prepares and verifies mathematical calculations related to
surveying and basic engineering; computes and adjusts angles,
distances, bearings, traverses, and elevations; interprets and
computes field data, and evaluates for accuracy and completeness;
maintains accurate survey and non-survey related records in the
form of field notes, reports, and sketches; maintains--vertical and
horizontal control notes in files, field book, and
- Conducts project research, secures equipment, uses safety
techniques, performs the survey operation, handles the equipment,
records data, and performs other associated duties for the purpose
of delivering a successful project.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records, logs, diaries,
and/or other related documentation.
- Analyzes record data, deeds, and plats for property and
- Answers questions and provides information to the public
concerning surveying activities.
- Tracks and maintains survey supplies such as stakes and marking
equipment; ensures safety devices are present and in use as
appropriate; may place traffic control devices and/or direct
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or six months to one year of related experience,
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- P.S. or L.S.I.T. preferred but not required.
- Current, valid Driver's License.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without
- Data collection basics, CAD skills, Proficient in Microsoft
- Possesses above average mathematical--knowledge and ability to
operate tablets and computers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Professional Engineering Consultants, Wichita , Survey Crew Chief, Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!