Operations Specialist 1
Company: Mid Kansas Cooperative
Posted on: January 26, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible to assist in the agronomy, grain and feed
departments of designated location. Duties include pick-up and
delivery of fertilizer equipment, loading fertilizer with proper
training, as well as pick-up and delivery of tanks and loading
feed. Grain duties include grain handling, performing cleaning and
maintenance in the elevator, buildings, and on the grounds, and
dumping and loading grain trucks. An operations specialist is
expected to perform duties in a manner that will optimize the
company's efficiency, help achieve the company's mission and goals,
and result in outstanding customer service. This employee will
support our safety culture and maintain a positive attitude that
promotes teamwork within the entire company and a favorable image
of the company. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to gain operational knowledge of all machinery in
elevator, operate the elevator safely, make minor repairs, and
conduct scheduled maintenance on all equipment.
- Able to obtain good working knowledge of fertilizer, seed and
- Ability to obtain and maintain 7B Fumigation License.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other
essential tasks as assigned.
- Handle incoming grain by unloading trucks. If necessary, weigh
and test the grain, and transfer the grain to the correct bin
utilizing the available storage space as efficiently as possible.
Load out grain to either trucks or rail cars following legal weight
- Maintain the quality of the grain in the elevator by making
periodic inspections of all stored grain, turn the grain only as
necessary to maintain quality, and make recommendations to help
improve grain handling operation and provide better service and
value for our customers.
- Unload feed from supply truck and load into warehouse. Load
feed into customer vehicles as directed.
- Load fertilizer into customer vehicles or deliver as
- Observe OSHA, state, federal, and MKC safety regulations.
Promote a safety culture by proactively assessing all activities
for dangerous circumstances.
- Maintain equipment and facilities regularly to the
manufacture's specifications or the MKC maintenance program and
follow housekeeping standards keeping facilities neat and
- Assist other locations and/or departments as requested.
- Maintain all facilities and vehicles in proper operating order,
as well as keeping them clean and neat in appearance. In addition,
all maintenance shall be documented in writing.
- Maintain a positive visual image of all locations by keeping
the property and grounds clean, neat and orderly in
- Provide outstanding customer service to generate repeat
business.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and smell.
The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific
vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus.PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:Eye protection, hard hats, and
gloves are required in designated areas. Full length denim or
similar material pants and leather toed shoes are to be worn at all
times (with the exception of other appropriate attire for onsite
and offsite professional meetings). Appropriate personal protective
equipment (i.e. goggles, gloves, long sleeve shirt, and/or face
mask) may be required as prescribed by the chemical label when
handling chemicals.REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:A high
school degree or GED.WORKING CONDITIONS:Job involves work inside a
climate-controlled office atmosphere as well as outside in hot and
cold weather. Job involves much stooping, standing, and climbing on
ladders. Extensive scooping with a shovel and sweeping with a broom
are also required.PI201143299
Keywords: Mid Kansas Cooperative, Wichita , Operations Specialist 1, Other , Marquette, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!