Sterile Processing Tech (PRN)
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 27, 2023
DescriptionJob Title: Sterile Processing Technician
Description: Performs and participates in decontamination,
cleaning, assembling, packaging, scanning,
sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical
instrumentation and equipment. Performs
other duties as assigned or required.
* Extensive knowledge regarding processes used in the
decontamination, inspection, cleaning,
assembling and packaging of medical/surgical material to include,
but not limited to, linen,
instruments and equipment according to established standards and
procedures to ensure a
sterile and functioning supply of materials
* Prepare trays for designated areas according to prescribed
procedures. Wrap and/or package
items for specified areas according to procedures prescribed for
* Must be able to operate bar code instrument tracking system
* Dissemble, clean, assemble and test specialty instrumentation and
equipment for proper
* Must be able to differentiate between single-use and reusable
* Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies and
equipment, and assembles,
wraps and sterilizes trays of instruments. Follows proper Standard
Precautions while in
decontamination and sterilization areas.
* Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality
and consistency for
decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
* Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical
equipment and makes them available
to sterile processing customers in a timely manner.
* Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits requisitions,
collects and distributes
instruments, trays, crash carts, and facility medical
* Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in
maintaining inventory levels in sterile
processing, the operating room, and in equipment storage areas.
* Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for
equipment maintenance, repair or
replacement, and removes defective equipment.
* Maintains a clean work area
* Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and
procedures, objectives and
quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection
* Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills
* Standing for prolonged periods, frequent walking, reaching
* Proficient communication, both auditory and verbal, with
colleagues, vendors, and
surgeons. Attention to detail and ability to write legibly.
* Must have ability to lift/push/pull > 50lbs
* May be exposed to radiation, fumes, chemicals, cold, noise, blood
and/or bodily fluids,
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* State Licensure or certification as a Sterilization Technician,
as required by state regulations or
* Sterile Processing Technicians with at least 1 year of experience
working in a fast-paced OR.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Wichita , Sterile Processing Tech (PRN), Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!