Procurement - Defense 1
Company: Spirit AeroSystems Holdings Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
* Acts as an authorized agent of the company with responsibility for managing all supplier-related activities and authority to commit company resources through contracts and agreements--- Develops requests for quotations and proposals, analyzes supplier responses, negotiates and awards contracts, and manages post award supplier activities--- Interfaces with internal and external customers and suppliers--- Manages inventory levels, simulation, modeling fore casting data, and supplier performance--- Monitors customer inventory demand and material assets to optimize total supply chain planning--- Incorporates planning decisions from customers and suppliers to reduce material and product variability, and arrive at optimal solutions--- Ability to communicate and track program change as it is flowed down--- Integrated Product Team representation and support--- Tracking affordability/trade studies--- Performing BOE (Bases of estimate)/Estimating tasks--- Knowledge and support of P&L activities--- Ability to be decisive in complex problem solving
* Bachelors degree is required.
* Must be able to obtain and withhold a security security clearance.
Hiring for multiple levels, entry level to experienced.
* 6-9 years' experience in a supply chain role, preferably within the aerospace or manufacturing industry--- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Supply Chain, or other relevant course of study.--- Knowledge of SAP/ERP Systems--- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint--- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written--- Knowledge/experience with/in manufacturing and manufacturing process a plus--- High energy, dynamic personality with an ability to effect change
* A Security Clearance is preferred, but is not required for employment. However, continued employment will require willingness to submit to the Security Clearance process and ability to successfully complete and withhold security clearance. Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Kansas Tax Credit: Join Spirit AeroSystems' Kansas team and you may be eligible for a $5,000 state of Kansas Aviation tax credit for up to five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.
Keywords: Spirit AeroSystems Holdings Inc., Wichita , Procurement - Defense 1, Other , Wichita, Kansas
here to apply!