Respite Care Worker
Company: Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas
Posted on: May 29, 2023
false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
POSITION TITLE: Children's Respite Care Worker
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non - Exempt
REPORTS TO: Children's Case Management Team Lead
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: N/A
The Children's Respite Worker provides one-on-one service to children with serious emotional, behavioral or psychological disorders, with the purpose of providing relief to families/caregivers. Services can be home, community, and school based.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
1Provides services in order to maintain required productivity/billing standard set by the department.
2. Meets deadlines and ensures accuracy of various reports/paperwork, mileage sheets, and electronic timesheets.
3. Maintains accurate and timely documentation of service provision. Completes progress notes in a manner that individualizes each note, reflecting appropriate interventions and progress towards goals.
4. Submits required progress notes/billing information in a timely manner as per agency requirements.
5. Provides Respite services to children/families at scheduled times following the plan of care.
6. Provides support/mentoring to child, teaching self responsibility and goal achievement.
7. Participates in community activities with child when possible and/or engages the child in planned activities such as community service.
8. Documents and notifies the program Lead of emergency situations, concerns or incidences.
9. Participates in training sessions to learn how to assist children in daily-living activities, deal with symptoms of mental illness, handle emergency situations appropriately, and provide personal support to consumers.
10. Provides support in crisis situations.
11. Exhibits responsibility and accountability in providing service as scheduled and contacting parents, schools, and supervisors in case of absence or tardiness.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department staff meetings, agency meetings, and trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensures that work is covered. Flexible in work schedule when needed.
2. Exhibits appropriate level of technical knowledge for the position.
3. Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
4. Works well with a team, keeps others informed of information needed. Treats others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
5. Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
6. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action.
7. Completes assigned work, meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
8. Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
9. Meets goals and objectives as mutually agreed upon during last performance review (if applicable).
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Must submit to an annual background check to continually meet KDHE guidelines for staff. The Children's Respite Worker is expected to have a high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer some post high school education in a social service field or experience working with special populations. Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail along with effective communications skills both verbally and written and the ability to develop and maintain rapport with consumers, constituents, and staff. In addition, the Children's Respite Worker is expected to be at least 21 years of age. A valid Kansas drivers license and access to personal vehicle required.
* Driving (for purpose of community mobility)
* Extensive writing/note taking, data entry
* Lifting/carrying up to thirty (30) pounds
* Bending/stooping/climbing stairs
All the above duties and responsibilities are considered essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as a detailed statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisors, subject to reasonable accommodation.
EEO Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Veteran, Disabled
false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Keywords: Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas, Wichita , Respite Care Worker, Other , Wichita, Kansas
here to apply!