2019 SUMMER INTERN PROGRAM - MILLING
Company: Ardent Mills
Posted on: February 13, 2019
The Ardent Mills Plant Intern program will provide broad exposure, training and development interns with a variety of backgrounds. Detailed objectives and individualized initiatives will be established for each participant at the beginning of the program based upon previous experiences and desired exposure. Interns will be immersed in the day-to-day business activity while partnering directly with leaders across the organization, to create an environment that fosters learning and development. In addition to professional guidance, a variety of social and business-related activities are also available for further interaction and networking amongst peers and mentors
Recognizing that candidates come in with diverse backgrounds and interests, the Intern Program has a distinct path.
For dedicated Millers, we provide a tailored curriculum designed to fine tune and nurture the skills and cultivate the knowledge required to operate our mills and continuously improve our milling operations. Our objective is to expose interns to diverse milling challenges, to broaden their experience, and develop a network of resources.
To succeed, you must be able to:
* Deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
* Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
* Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
* Deal with and drive change.
* Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
* Learn and apply new technology, and share your knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
* Areas of exposure may include, but are not limited to:
* Participate in pillar meetings, department reviews and small group activities to ensure that work is properly integrated and that progress is on track
* Promotes safety and ensures a safe work environment and employee work habits
* Support and abide by plant rules within the work place
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Majoring in Milling Science, Agriculture Studies, Business, Operations, Food Science, Engineering or related studies
* Strong computer skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Organization/Time Management skills
* Strong analytical skills
* A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
* Ability to support operations on a split or off-shift and (or) weekends as assigned
* Ability to perform work in inclement weather conditions (hot and cold)
* Candidate must be physically able to climb ladders and stairs
* Willing to work periodic workdays in excess of assigned work schedule
* Must be authorized to work in the Unites states without sponsorship now and in the future
* Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test and pre-employment background check
ARDENT MILLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.
THE PRECEDING POSITION DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO INDICATE THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES WITHIN THIS POSITION. IT MAY NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF EMPLOYEES IN THIS POSITION. THE DESCRIPTION, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF ARDENT MILLS.
Locations:Lake City MN, Mount Pocono PA, Streetsville ON, Wichita KS
Additional Locations:Mount Pocono PA, Streetsville ON, Wichita KS
Keywords: Ardent Mills, Wichita , 2019 SUMMER INTERN PROGRAM - MILLING, Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!