CDL A Asphalt Tack Truck Driver - $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Included. No OT
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Cornejo CDL Asphalt Tack Truck Driver Wichita, KS 67216 $1,000
Sign-On Bonus Included. No OTR Travel! POSITION SUMMARYOperate a
commercial motor vehicle to distribute/spray asphalt tack on the
construction area ahead of the asphalt paver. Will be required to
operate different aspects of the vehicle's systems to load/unload
product as required. Requires Class B commercial driver s license
with Tanker endorsement and valid DOT medical card.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONSReasonable Accommodations StatementTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting and
distributing product to designated job sites complying with all
- Check vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency
equipment is in good operating order.
- Maintain logs of operating hours and delivery of product,
following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Load/unload and transport product in a manner that eliminates
contamination and maintains quality.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and
telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases,
supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil,
fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
- Climb ladders or stairs to inspect loads, ensuring that the
product is accurate, and vehicle is clean.
- Collaborate with other drivers as part of a driving team on
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues to
ensure proper delivery of product.
- Climb in and out of vehicle cab frequently throughout day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. POSITION
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning
activities in a way that makes the most of the learning
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee safety.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks
under stressful situations.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
one s conduct.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while
following company procedures.Education: High School Graduate or
General Education Degree (GED)Experience: Six months to one-year
Tanker driving experience preferred. Certificates & LicensesMust
have valid CDL Class B with Tanker endorsement and valid DOT
medical card. Physical Demands:The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather
conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. Noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.Why work for us:Cornejo is an
ever-growing company founded on solid family values. We maintain an
excellent relationship with the Wichita community and strive to
provide the best possible materials and services in our industry.
To do that, we employ passionate and talented individuals who are
dedicated, dependable, and ready to make a difference.An Equal
Opportunity Employer/Minorities, Women and Veterans encouraged to
apply. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment
opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related
disability, or any other protected group status. Associated topics:
cdl a truck, chofer clase a comercial, class a driver, class a
driving, company driving, company driving team, flatbed and dry van
otr trucking, over the road company, regional driver, regular home
Keywords: Cornejo, Wichita , CDL A Asphalt Tack Truck Driver - $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Included. No OT, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!