CDL Tractor Trailer Driver (Asphalt Tanker) - $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Inc
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Cornejo CDL Tractor Trailer Driver (Asphalt Tanker) Wichita, KS
67216 $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Included. No OTR Travel!Position
Summary:Operate a commercial motor vehicle to transport asphalt
liquid to designated plants. Will be required to operate different
aspects of the vehicle's systems to load/unload product as
required. May require use of automated routing equipment. Requires
Class A commercial drivers' license with Tanker and/or HAZMAT
endorsement.Essential Functions: Reasonable Accommodations
StatementTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting product
to designated sites complying with all USDOT regulations.
- Unload hot asphalt with caution to prevent burns.
- Check vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency
equipment is in good operating order.
- Maintain logs of operating hours and delivery of product,
following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Load/unload and transport product in a manner that eliminates
contamination and maintains quality.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is
complete and accurate.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and
telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases,
supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil,
fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
- Climb ladders or stairs to inspect loads, ensuring that the
product is accurate and vehicle is clean.
- Collaborate with other drivers as part of a driving team on
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues to
ensure proper delivery of product.
- Climb in and out of vehicle cab frequently throughout day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Mechanical/maintenance experience a plusPosition
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning
activities in a way that makes the most of the learning
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee safety.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks
under stressful situations.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
one s conduct.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while
following company procedures.Skills and Abilities: Education: High
School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)Experience: One
year Tanker or End Dump driving experience preferred. Plant
mechanical experience preferred.Certificates & Licenses:Must have
valid CDL Class A with Tanker and HAZMAT endorsement.Other
RequirementsWork Environment: Environment can change and is
directly related to changing weather conditions.Physical
Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the
employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions;
moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme
cold and/or heat. Noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Why work for us:Cornejo is an ever-growing company founded
on solid family values. We maintain an excellent relationship with
the Wichita community and strive to provide the best possible
materials and services in our industry. To do that, we employ
passionate and talented individuals who are dedicated, dependable,
and ready to make a difference.Cornejo & Sons LLC offers a
competitive hourly rate and benefits including: medical, dental,
vision, and life insurance. Paid vacation, holidays, and
competitive 401(k) plan.An Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities,
Women and Veterans encouraged to apply. In compliance with Federal
and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants
are considered for all positions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran
status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group
status. Associated topics: cdl a company, company driving solo,
company owner, conductores clase a, dedicated truck, dedicated
truck driver, flatbed driver, over the road company, over the road
driving, regional driving
Keywords: Cornejo, Wichita , CDL Tractor Trailer Driver (Asphalt Tanker) - $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Inc, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!