Director of Supply Chain
Company: Envision, Inc.
Posted on: October 15, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for
leading and developing the Supply Chain across the entire
organization, while creating and implementing a vision for
continual improvement of procurement processes. Success will be
measured on cost to serve, order performance, and working capital
performance. Director is responsible for sourcing direct and
indirect materials, strategic alliance partnerships, vendor risk
management and assessment, supply planning, master production
scheduling, distribution, transportation and inventory. Director is
responsible for leading an environment that utilizes best practices
for inventory planning, control, sourcing, scheduling and supply
planning. Additional responsibilities include participating as a
key member of the Leadership Team in the development, communication
and delivery of the strategic business plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Directs and coordinates the day-to-day and long-term strategic
activities of the supply chain team to ensure timely planning and
procurement of goods and services to meet business demand.
- Evaluates the internal performance for all aspects of supply
chain and drives continuous improvement of supply system operations
with effective leadership.
- Develops and implements planning and procurement systems,
including policies and procedures that drive a rigorous supplier
selection process, supplier development, performance and
establishes timely supplier evaluation and feedback to ensure
continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
- Develops and manages all Key Performance Indicators related to
supply chain performance.
- Ensures supplier competition is balanced and fair, ensuring the
best price, delivery and quality while reducing overall supply
chain costs and risks to the organization.
- Conducts at least annual in-person Vendor Summits. Identifies,
recommends, and implements key new suppliers. Performs new and
existing supplier technical evaluations, conducts ongoing supplier
audits, and leads the negotiation/restructuring process of current
and future business relationships.
- Prepares and shares reports for Leadership regarding supplier
performance, and merchandise costs. Develops metrics for assessing
and reporting program and/or commodity progress, productivity and
- Partners with key stakeholders, including Manufacturing,
Engineering, Sales and Marketing. Drives continuous improvement to
ensure on-time, complete, and compliant deliveries to our
- Ensures suppliers are aligned with technical and commercial
requirements by working closely with Engineering, Quality, and
- Ensures supply chain is engaged to support customer orders,
creates and/or maintains optimum lead times and inventory levels
while anticipating risks and issues in the supply chain.
- Determines material and merchandise cost trends, then
formulates and coordinates policies and activities to maintain
- Prepares and reviews requisitions and purchase orders for
direct materials and equipment.
- Analyzes market conditions/trends, geopolitical conditions, and
delivery systems to determine present and future material
availability, and mitigate risks.
- Understands key production processes to better support the
- Manage TMS provider relationship to ensure adherence to
contract and continual cost reduction. Conduct quarterly meetings
with TMS to review KPIs.
- Travel required up to 50% splitting time in Dallas, TX and
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Qualifications JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE Education: Bachelors degree
in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration field
required; Masters degree preferred. Experience: Minimum of 8 years
of Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing environment, with the
responsibilities of production, purchasing, inventory, production
control, warehouse/shipping and receiving. A minimum of 5 years in
a supervisory role required. Knowledge/Skills:
- General working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Solid problem-solving skills and excellent management
- Ability to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of
- Very Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications Access,
Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven track record involving complex global supply
- Demonstrated leadership skills in attracting and developing
talent, and leading cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cost performance and drive
- Extensive experience in the development, negotiation and
implementation of contracts, including the management of large
- Experience in developing and utilizing metrics, both internally
and externally, to drive performance.
- Institute for Supply Management Certification (C.P.M, C.P.S.M)
or ASCM certification (CPIM or CSCP) preferred SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 5
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 1 VISION
REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one) Can be performed with or without
assistive technology: X Required to perform activities such as:
preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen;
reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring
devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact. ___
Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or
power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive
tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery. _X_ Required
to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or
facilities or structures. Requires normal (or corrected to normal)
vision/acuity: ___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy
equipment such as forklifts. COMMENTS Envision, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without illegal
discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity,
disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry,
military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual
orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic
characteristics and genetic information, and any other status
protected by law. Envision employs and advances in employment
individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified
individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical
or mental disability or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations
will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. This position description is intended to
convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive
listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or
Keywords: Envision, Inc., Wichita , Director of Supply Chain, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!