Company: Waste Connections
Location: South Hutchinson
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job TitleDiesel MechanicPrimary LocationSouth Hutchinson,
KansasEmployee TypeEmployeeJob DescriptionNOW OFFERING A $5,000
STAY ON BONUS!Stutzman's Hauling is looking for an ambitious Diesel
Mechanic for our team in Hutchinson, KS! The ideal Mechanic will
have a self-motivated, go getting attitude, that is looking to
excel and grow with our GROWING company! We provide On the Job
Training to lead you to the next technical level!This is a FIRST
SHIFT positionWhy work for Waste Connections?
- -Competitive Compensations-
- -Safety Bonuses - Get rewarded for your safe habits-
- -Yearly Boot Stipend - Get your boots covered-
- -Benefits Plans - Keep yourself healthy-
- -Matching 401(K) - Connect to your future-
- -Training provided to advance your level-What we do: We provide
trash and disposal services to the local community. You, a vital
piece of the team, would be responsible for the maintenance and
upmost safety on our fleet of trucks. This includes duties such:
- Perform repairs and inspections, diagnosis and repair of
electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on
vehicles. At times triage engine/electrical failures quickly.
- Inspect and troubleshoot electrical, hydraulics, suspension
brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment
- Utilize vehicle computer electrical systems to interpret
failure modes to identify and adjust Engine and Vehicle Control
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Respond to road calls for emergency repairs
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with
corporate and OSHA standards.What we work with: Trash is dirty!
Trucks are dirty! And this is a service provided year round - Rain,
snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all
environments, around heavy diesel equipment. Understanding how to
work safely in this environment is key.Plan for the following
- • Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical
work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or
humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Always operating in a safe manner (Lock out/Tag out, Proper
PPE, Jackstands, steering covers, etc)At the end of the day, we
send our trucks out knowing they were touched by safe and diligent
handsMinimum Job Requirements
- 2 years of experience preferred.
- Proficiency in a variety of vehicle diagnostic tools and repair
- Must own personal tools.
- Class B CDL (Or ability to obtain one in 90 days).
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in
English.To be considered for any of our current openings you must
complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application
information and additional instructions can be found once you
select your position of interest. We offer excellent benefits
including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long
term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and
unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".Waste
Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Wichita , Diesel Mechanic, Professions , South Hutchinson, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!