Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job TitleCDL DriverPrimary LocationWichita, KansasEmployee
TypeEmployeeJob DescriptionWaste Connections of Kansas is looking
for a safety conscience CDL Class B Route Driver to join the team
in Wichita, KS!NOW WITH $5,000 STAY ON BONUS!The ideal driver will
have a self-motivated, go getting attitude, that is looking to
excel and grow with our GROWING company!Why work for Waste
- -Competitive Compensations-
- -Safety Bonuses - Get rewarded for your safe habits-
- -Yearly Boot Stipend - Get your boots covered-
- -Benefits Plans - Keep yourself healthy-
- -Matching 401(K) - Connect to your future-What we do: We
provide trash and disposal services to the local community. You, a
vital piece of the team, would be responsible for safely operating
a garbage truck into neighborhoods and picking up trash, while
providing the best service in the industry. This includes duties
- Ability to safely operate delivery truck and eventually rear
load and/or front load garbage truck to deliver containers
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer
identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, lifting and
moving containers that weight over 75 pounds.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose
of trash at designated facilities.
- Interact courteously with our customers
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.What
we work with: Trash is heavy! Sometimes we have machine aid our
efforts. Other times we do not. And this is a service provided year
round - rain, snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in
all environments, around heavy diesel equipment. Not to mention
dirty ones. Plan for the following labor:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 75
pounds. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such
as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or
humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. At
the end of the day, we go home knowing we leave a smiling
customer!Minimum Job Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a satisfactory driving
- Class A or B CDL
- Ability to work Monday - Friday starting at around 5:30 am.
Approx. 45-50 hours a week, with overtime possibilities.To be
considered for any of our current openings you must complete an
application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application
information and additional instructions can be found once you
select your position of interest. We offer excellent benefits
including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long
term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and
unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".Waste
Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Wichita , CDL Driver, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!