Direct Support Professional and Driver
Company: Envision, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY The Direct Support Professional (DSP) is a
caregiving position responsible for creating a safe, positive, and
encouraging atmosphere in which to provide services, instructional
activities, and/or vocational opportunity to individuals with
Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities and Low Vision and/or
Blindness. The Individuals Served in the People Reaching for
Independence and Developmental Excellence (P.R.I.D.E.) Day Support
Program participate daily in leisure, educational, rehabilitative,
or vocational activities that help strengthen their physical and
mental health. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Gain knowledge of individuals served; Provide one-on-one and
group instruction as outlined in individuals Person-Centered
Support Plan (PCSP) implement goals, service support, and
treatments as needed and identified in the plan.
- Focus on meeting the needs of individuals served on a
consistent and continuous basis.
- Serve as a role model for individuals served, displaying a
positive attitude while fostering a positive team environment.
- Promote independence for individuals served.
- Transport, accompany, and supervise individuals out into the
community to promote preferred lifestyles and independence.
- Maintain proper record keeping of goals and objectives of
individual Person-Centered Support Plan and/or Individual Education
- Represent the organization when meeting with case manager,
families, and guardians to discuss Individuals PCSPs.
- Complete incident reports for any accident, illness and/or
observations of consumer care.
- Responsible for administration of individuals served medication
and proper documentation of medication dispensed.
- Monitor sustaining activities, projects, and levels of customer
service (e.g. performance metrics) for material handling operations
and report status, issues, and risks to management on a scheduled
- Set up and complete time studies as requested by Manager or
- Provide basic personal hygiene assistance for individuals
- Provide meal preparation assistance for individuals
- Arrange workstations for production work, including set up of
workspace, maintaining supply of raw materials, quality checks on
items produced and cleanup of work area.
- Drive routes in company van for program participants and
employees as requested through transportation department.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE Education: High school diploma or GED
equivalent required. Experience: Previous experience working with
developmentally disabled individuals, or CNA/care giver experience
required. 2-4 years caregiver experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word/word processing and
- Ability to drive company transportation vehicle.
- Possess interpersonal skills necessary to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consumers
served, management and customers.
- Excellent oral and written skills; displays communication that
is complimentary to teaching strategies with individuals who have
developmental disabilities accompanied by legal and/or total
- Strong planning and organizational skills necessary to maintain
a safe work environment.
- Ability to work independently with periodic guidance and
- Ability to give guidance and direction during crisis
interventions with confidence and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively using sign language is a
plus (but not required).
- Maintain excellent background checks and driving records
necessary for position. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Current drivers license and driving record in good standing
- Ability to successfully complete required DOT drivers
certification and successfully complete DOT physical and drug
screen, per DOT regulations. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Total
Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0 Number of Subordinate
Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0 VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
(check one) Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing
data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small
objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling
parts with close eye contact. ___ Required to perform activities
such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms
reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or
repairing machinery. X Required to review/inspect own assigned
work, the work of others, or facilities or structures. Requires
normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity: ___ Required to
operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
COMMENTS Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color,
sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship,
national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status,
marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim
status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic
information, and any other status protected by law. Envision
employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities
and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without
discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability
or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the
duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties,
and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Keywords: Envision, Inc., Wichita , Direct Support Professional and Driver, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!