Maintenance Technician II
Company: Envision, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for the maintenance, repair and
rebuilding of production and packaging equipment for plastic film
converting manufacturer; diagnoses problems, performs repairs, and
maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. KEY
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Independently troubleshoot and repair complex manufacturing
equipment that integrates electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and
- Use advanced analytical troubleshooting skills to make in depth
repairs and corrections based on observation of equipment in
operation and product defects.
- Dismantle defective machinery and equipment to gain access to
problem area or to install new or repaired parts and perform major
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or
other problems then repair or replace defective parts.
- Test machines following repairs to ensure good product quality
prior to returning machine to service.
- Facilitate fabrication of suitable replacement or upgraded
- Read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic
- Perform in-depth electrical and mechanical predictive
maintenance inspections, procedures and tasks following
preventative maintenance program guidelines.
- Perform in-depth electrical troubleshooting and repairs on
equipment electrical systems.
- Exhibit the ability to distinguish and repair drive systems and
electronics problems, reprogram drives and PLC`s and repair or
replace as applicable.
- Process work requests and other data using computerized
maintenance management system.
- Use equipment manuals to determine parts to be ordered for
- Use independent judgment in determining technical objectives of
- Assist in training lower level or new maintenance
- Communicate with other personnel concerning operation, safety
and overall performance of equipment and process.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE Education: High school diploma or
equivalent required; Associates degree in industrial maintenance or
technical school certificate preferred; previous first aid and
safety coursework desired. Experience: Minimum of 4 years machine
maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Advanced knowledge of common industrial equipment, pneumatics,
hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and advanced knowledge of
electrical systems, drives, and PLCs.
- Ability to use diagnostics tools and precision measuring
instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and multi-meters.
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of MicroSoft Office
- Previous training on Lock Out / Tag Out procedures and
- Flexibility to work different shifts and/or overtime as
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented work environment and with
- Must be self-motivated, safety and quality conscious, and
possess ability to work efficiently with minimal direction.
Licenses/Certifications: Must maintain a current forklift
certification. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Total Number of
Employees Directly Supervising: _0__ Number of Subordinate
Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__ VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
(check one) Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing
data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small
objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling
parts with close eye contact. ___ Required to perform activities
such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms
reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or
repairing machinery. ___ Required to review/inspect own assigned
work, the work of others, or facilities or structures. Requires
normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity: _X_ Required to
operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
COMMENTS Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color,
sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship,
national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status,
marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim
status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic
information, and any other status protected by law. Envision
employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities
and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without
discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability
or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the
duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties,
and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Keywords: Envision, Inc., Wichita , Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!