Company: MRINetwork Jobs
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionWe have an exceptional career opportunity for a
Talented Buyer to join a 100+-year-old division of a $4B
diversified global company with 16,000 employees producing
materials for a variety of industries. This division manufactures
innovative products and systems for the global freight rail system.
This key role manages the assigned procurement duties to support
production and customer requirements for 5 manufacturing
operations. You can thrive in our culture as the environment is
energetic, our people are motivated, and our career paths can take
you where you want to go. This excellent career role has relocation
provided to, a beautiful family-friendly area in Overland Park, KS
- A #1 ranking on Best Cities for Families on Livability.com
- A #7 ranking in Money Magazines Best Places To Live 2021
- An unemployment rate that is 3% vs US Avg of 6%
- Highly rated schools, pristine parks, affordable neighborhoods,
and great support networks
- Best Cities to Rent - WalletHub
- Safest Cities in the U.S. - SmartAssetA competitive
salary/bonus compensation package and generous benefits are offered
for this key role that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term
Disability, Life Insurance, EAP, Educational Reimbursement,
Employer Retirement Account, Travel Accident Insurance Prescription
/ Drug, 401K Match, Vacation, ESOP Program, and a Flexible Spending
AccountThis is the career role you have been looking for! Duties
- Monitors and maintains procurement activities and duties in
compliance with company policies
- Negotiates with product and service suppliers for plant MRO
purchases, non-stock purchases & minor project purchases as
- Coordinate RFQs, purchase orders, and procurement activities in
support of corporate Purchasing strategy
- Actively manages and focuses on optimizing inventory and
reducing lead times on MRO products
- Assist with minor raw material and/or production supply
- Execute miscellaneous purchasing/supplier projects as
- Negotiates shipping, consignments, terms, delivery, contracts,
and blanket agreements with suppliers.
- Prepares procurement contracts, resolves and prevents
- Purchase and organize the delivery of major spend categories
- Monitors and achieves on-time delivery at an economical price.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or related
area. AS degree considered with a strong track record and extensive
- 3+ years Purchasing experience in an industrial or heavy
manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Previous MRO experience is a plus
- SAP knowledge is highly desirable
- Skilled in optimizing/reducing MRO inventories
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and skilled in Excel
- Can build strong supplier relationships,
- Skilled at negotiating pricing, contracts, and terms
- Experienced with project buying and supplier contracts.
- Skilled interacting with multiple departments
- Has led cross-functional teams and projects.
- Positive self-starter who is results-focused.
- Innovative problem-solver who is open to learning and sharing
ideas with team members.
- Excellent written, oral, communication, leadership, and
- Professional Certifications are a plus, i.e. C.P.M. - Certified
Purchasing Manager, CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply
Management, CPP Certified Purchasing Professional is a plus is a
- Six Sigma, Kanban, or Lean experience is a plus
- Specialized training is a plus.
Keywords: MRINetwork Jobs, Wichita , Manufacturing Buyer, Professions , Lucas, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!