Diesel Mechanic- 2nd Shift
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you the Best Diesel Mechanic to ever turn a wrench?! ! APPLY
NOW OFFERING A $12,000 SIGN ON BONUS!! Pay Differential for 2nd
Great Pay! $25-28/hour DOE
As a member of our world class team of Fleet Mechanics, you will
feel like a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works
together towards a common goal, making our fleet the safest in the
industry! Do you love the sound of a pneumatic wrench? Is the use
of a flame-cutting tool your idea of a fun day? If the answer is
Yes, then you're who were looking for!
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment
where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then
doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our
We are looking for a high energy 2nd SHIFT Diesel Mechanic to join
the team at our Hauling location in Wichita, KS . Previous waste
experience would be a huge plus !
Hours are 10:00pm to 6:30am Monday through Friday with some
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical,
hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Class B CDL
preferred or ability to obtain in the future.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with
corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as
needed. 45 hours a week average.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the
ability to obtain in the future required.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 year of experience that is directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience
a huge plus !
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance,
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Vetera n.
Keywords: Waste Connections, Wichita , Diesel Mechanic- 2nd Shift, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!