Civil Transportation Engineer
Company: GLMV Architecture
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Civil Transportation Engineer is responsible for site
analysis and planning, site layouts, erosion control, grading,
storm water management, and utilities for commercial,
institutional, and retail clients. This position requires frequent
interaction with professional staff, clients, contractors, and
local government officials, from conceptual and design phases
through the regulatory review process, permitting, and
construction. This position will interact with staff on projects in
all offices and on projects in locations throughout the country and
will report to the Director of Engineering. The right candidate may
live and work in the Kansas City area; Houston, Texas; or near
Wichita, Kansas.While this job is being posted in Wichita, it is
also available in Kansas City, Missouri and Houston,
- Engage with internal and external clients regarding project
requirements, concept and design development, and design
- Conduct research and investigation on site requirements with
- Participate in site visits and conduct field measurements to
validate existing site and as-built conditions.
- Meet with municipal officials, regulatory agencies, and other
authorities, in-person, by phone, or through conferencing media, as
needed on project requirements.
- Coordinate with other project staff and associated disciplines
and/or subconsultants on drainage, traffic, water/wastewater,
utilities, and survey and other land use and development
- Prepare detailed design calculations as appropriate.
- Assign tasks to and/or coordinate with technicians or
- Prepare drawings in a manner consistent with company standards
and client requirements for format, standard, quality, and
- Produce final hard and soft copy documents suitable for
submission to clients consistent with contract requirements.
- Meet with contractors, as needed, for construction
administration and design clarifications.
- Review civil drawings submitted by outside Civil Engineers
(C.E.s) for compliance with program and land use needs as well as
coordination, clarity, and accuracy.
- Support project management activities such as, but not limited
to, contracting actions, scheduling, and communication with
- Support and Construction Administration (CA) activities on
behalf of clients.
- May conduct field inspections.
- Reviewing contractor schedule and progress for
compliance.Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be
all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional
responsibilities as needed.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of municipal, state, and federal regulations
impacting site development.
- Knowledge of the site permitting process, how to navigate it
and how to evaluate the anticipated impact on project scheduling
and necessary lead time.
- Ability to locate and interpret relevant code information and
write or converse with code officials regarding interpretation and
- Proficiency with AutoDesk products such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D,
and standard office software such as Microsoft Office suite of
- Effective interpersonal skills to be welcome and effective with
internal and external clients.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client
- Organization skills and ability to organize and track the work
and progress of multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel to sites and move about potentially uneven
and undeveloped terrain to inspect aspects relevant to developing
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and
in writing, using the English language.An employee shall not pose a
direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the
workplace. Experience and Credentials
- BSCE from an ABET-accredited program.
- Licensed P.E. in at least one state in the U.S.
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
(NCEES) current member preferred.
- Substantial experience organizing and performing the work
described and managing assigned project responsibilities within
time and budget requirement without direct oversight.
- Experience with federal projects preferred.Equivalent
combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Keywords: GLMV Architecture, Wichita , Civil Transportation Engineer, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!