Land Survey Technician
Company: Professional Engineering Consultants
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Professional Engineering ConsultantsEqual Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status Professional
Engineering Consultants (PEC) was founded more than a half century
ago as a full-service consulting firm providing mechanical,
electrical, structural, civil, transportation, water and
wastewater, land development, planning services; a broad range of
field work including survey, geotechnical, construction inspection,
testing, air and water balance capabilities; as well as the all the
essential professions it takes to make it all come together for our
public, private, and industrial clients. Headquartered in Wichita,
Kansas, with additional locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma,
and Colorado, our projects take us across the nation and around the
world. At PEC, our employees have a passion for the communities
where they work, live, and play. If you are looking for a career
path that provides the opportunity for you to reach your full
potential, PEC is the place to be. PEC's team culture is built on
our ability to solve problems through a collaborative process. We
elevate each other by aligning personal strengths to professional
development. Our engineers and staff do not just sit behind desks.
We work together with other teams, make site visits, take tours,
meet face-to-face with the clients, establish big goals, and set
out to achieve them. PEC has an opportunity for a Land Survey
Technician in our Topeka, Kansas office. The Land Survey Technician
will work directly with the Crew Chief in order to complete all
types of land survey functions. Position Duties and
- Work directly with the Crew Chief in order to complete all
types of land survey functions.
- Operate GPS equipment, robotic total stations, terrestrial
LIDAR scanners, hand held collects, and automatic levels.
- Load and unload survey equipment and supplies in preparation
for daily work.
- Participate in construction staking, topographic design
surveys, underground utility investigation of storm drains and
sewers, boundary surveys, aerial mapping and more.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
- May be called upon to answers question and provide information
to the public concerning surveying activities (all inquiries shall
be referred to Party Chief).
- Tracks and maintains survey supplies such as stakes and marking
equipment; ensures safety devices are present and in use as
appropriate; may place traffic control devices to direct traffic.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without
- Current/Valid Driver's License
- Minimum of 1 year surveying experience or related training
preferred; will train qualified candidates.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree or higher.
- Possess above average mathematical knowledge and ability to
operate a hand held calculators, tablets and computers. Good
- Possess or has the ability to quickly learn new concepts such
as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions relating to
practical situations. (training provided) Working Conditions:
- Work environment frequently is in the outdoors and working in
extreme heat and cold; occasionally inside buildings or other
structures; occasionally working near moving mechanical parts,
occasionally working in high precarious places, around fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic waste, risks electrical
shock/explosives/radiation and vibration. Rarely working in wet
conditions; loud noise may be experienced at times.
- Ability to work 50+ hours per week and weekends when
- Able and willing to accept occasional out of town projects if
needed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran
status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or
other legally protected status. PM21
Keywords: Professional Engineering Consultants, Wichita , Land Survey Technician, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!