Power Plant Operator
Company: Ponca City Development Authority
Location: Ponca City
Posted on: March 20, 2023
MAIN FUNCTIONResponsible for the operating conditions and the
operations portion of the plant facility. - Observes and operates
process equipment in a safe and smooth manner. - Implements and
follows plant procedures.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally
sound operation of plant equipment.
- Properly operates scrubbers, steam turbines, generators, plant
auxiliary equipment and systems during normal and emergency
- Performs routine maintenance in order to keep the facility
- Generates and reviews Work Requests for execution of equipment
- Takes direction from the Operator in the control room or the
- Operates various computer systems (DCS/PLC) to receive,
analyze, comprehend and input data.
- Assists in on-the-job training of other Operators.
- Responsible for maintaining boiler chemistry.
- Properly fills out the required record keeping forms.
- Monitors and trouble shoots process equipment in the
- Assists in development, review, and revision of plant operating
- Performs housekeeping on a daily basis around the
- Actively participate in established safety program
- Conserves production resources by using equipment and supplies
as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.Monitor off-loading Ammonia and
other bulk chemicals at the site.Assist with improved quality and
efficiencies in the Production Department.Other duties as
assigned.SPECIAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
Reads and interprets blueprints,
schematic diagrams, P&IDs, procedures and technical
manuals.Thorough knowledge and understanding of power plant
operations, systems, and equipment.Strong troubleshooting skills to
solve problems.Directs activities of others and provide job
instructionsCommunicates conditions of plant system and equipment
to others.Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs) to
complete operational spreadsheets and print/email as needed.Working
knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.Discerns
and responds to verbal and auditory signals from control panel
(DCS, CEMs, PLC systems).Works without supervision while carrying
out duties.Meets physical requirements of the job such as perform
tasks while standing, walking, climbing, walking on uneven
surfaces, and squatting. Works with extended reach above head and
in front of body and lifts 50 pounds and carry while walking
distances of up to 10 feet.Working Conditions
Normal office environment and/or
out-of-doors environment. - Out-of-doors environment includes:Work
in/around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment,
high noise, and elevations up to 100 feet.Works in all temperatures
and climatic conditions. Some temperatures can be extreme.Works in
confined spaces, some requiring the use of respirator protective
equipment.Performance of duties requires working rotating shifts
(shift work) and response to calls 24 hours/day, seven days/week.
Ability to work over time, both scheduled and unscheduled, on days
of relief and beyond regular work schedule. Established facial hair
in the sealing area of a respirator is not
Keywords: Ponca City Development Authority, Wichita , Power Plant Operator, Professions , Ponca City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...