Maintenance Utility Worker - UniFirst
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Maintenance Utility
Worker to join our UniFirst community. As a Team Partner in the
Maintenance Department, you will be assisting with maintaining the
location building and equipment systems by performing; basic
maintenance and plant utility functions, loading and unloading
deliveries, painting, operating industrial equipment, and plant
cleaning / blowdowns. At UniFirst we have a standard Monday -
Friday work week with periodic night and weekend overtime! We have
an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
Pay & Benefits:
On the job training & great hourly pay + 401K with Company Match,
Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life
Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition
Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral
What's in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive quality skills training designed to
enhance their performance and assist them with their career
potential and advancement.
You may quickly find yourself on the fast-track to success. We are
a rapidly growing company offering significant avenues for personal
development and growth.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out
from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different
cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity
makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture
where everyone feels welcome.
What you'll be doing:
- Utilize equipment to perform plant cleaning operations, this
includes,: floor scrubbers, lint and dust removal devices, outside
rubbish removal, equipment cleaning, and pit / trench screen
- Perform miscellaneous painting tasks throughout the plant or
outside on facility grounds.
- Operate powered industrial forklifts / lifts throughout the
facility to assist in relocating materials.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks
- Assist with production receiving activities.
- Perform various levels of facilities upkeep including
landscaping, snow removal, and other removal operations.
- Perform light equipment maintenance tasks, trench screen
cleaning, lint and dust blowdown of facilities and equipment, fluid
level checks, light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement,
cart cleaning and repair, and pressure washing after appropriate
training from UniFirst.
- Upon proper training and certification, may be called upon to
operate Company vehicles such as shuttle trucks or route
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
What we're looking for:
- High school education and/or GED equivalent is preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record are
- Ability to work independently with little or no
- Must be able to operate powered industrial equipment
(forklifts, floor scrubbers, scissor lifts) and other similar tools
- Experience using basic hand and power tools is required.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret procedures and
instructions in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from co-workers and managers.
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture
where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking
advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 2
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar
garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team
partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout
the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of
Selling Power magazine's "Best Companies to Sell For" list and
recognized on Forbes magazine's "Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies"
list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there's
never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of
race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical
or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy,
citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you
need accommodation for any part of the application process because
of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to or
call to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers
to provide personal financial information when submitting a job
application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information
may be fraudulent.
Keywords: UniFirst, Wichita , Maintenance Utility Worker - UniFirst, Professions , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!