Account Sales Executive
Company: Building Controls and Services
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION: Account Sales ExecutiveDEPARTMENT:
SalesCLASSIFICATION: Exempt SUMMARY:General Responsibilities: The
Owner Direct Account Executive is responsible for independently
managing and growing account base and achieving growth and gross
margin projections through both personal and team sales efforts.
Develops, recommends and implements appropriate action plans to
attain profit plan, maximize employee talents and achieve
outstanding customer and employee satisfaction for the service
business team. Regularly communicates strategies, plans,
performance and conditions to management. Reports to: Director of
SalesDirect reports: NoneDirection:
- Minimal supervision. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:30% Promotes sales
of BCS related projects and contracts.
- Develops and implements sales strategic plans to take advantage
of all sales opportunities within assigned area or market.
- Leads team sales efforts with key accounts as assigned and
participate on sales teams to provide best total solutions to
- Conducts customer needs assessments.
- Assists customers and potential customers with problems
involving the use of company products and services and recommend
suitable resolutions according to their needs.
- Provides quality system and service solutions designed to meet
specific customer objectives.
- Communicates building system solutions to high level account
- Develops sales proposals, specifications, estimates and
presentations for systems and service jobs autonomously.
- Handles various calls and inquiries from existing and
prospective customers.20% Prepares proposals and bids for projects
- Develops sales proposals, specifications, estimates, and
- Oversees preparation of formal submittals containing
schematics, descriptions and technical information for use and
approval by owner's representative.
- Prepares quotes for new projects or services.
- Negotiates prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
- Follows up on bids.
- Prices change orders as necessary.30% Builds and maintains
customer, prospect and other relationships.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with
building owners with the objective of obtaining a sales advantage
- Identifies and maintains prospect list.
- Participates in various civic and professional organizations to
network and build relationships.
- Works with service operations team, finance, legal and other
internal functions to follow through on all sold jobs to ensure
satisfactory completion and high customer satisfaction.
- Audits existing customer relationships on a routine basis and
provides solutions for their service needs
- Assists in the service portion of the "Value Delivery
- Responds to customer inquiries and resolves difficult and
- Maintains customer records, using designated computer and
electronic systems and media.20% Works in conjunction with sales
team to coordinate sales and business development activities.
- Participates in sales team meetings.
- Shares opportunities and information with relevant team
- Collaborates with sales team to understand and promote other
company products and services.
- Recommends process improvements as identified.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology,
Business Administration or related field.Skills and Experience
- Minimum five years of experience in engineering systems or
- Minimum two years in technical product sales.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals and HVAC concepts
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Mathematical abilities to add, subtract, multiply and divide
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and create
and interpret graphs.
- Ability to build rapport and strengthen relationships with new
and existing customers.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to evaluate urgency of situation and prioritize
- Organized with an attention to detail.Certificates, Licenses,
- Valid driver licenseOther Requirements
- Requires occasional evening or weekend work
- Requires travel to and from job sites, some may be out of
- Requires occasional overnight staysTraining and development:
- Studies literature and attends seminars to keep current in
products, processes and materials. Must be familiar with
competitors' product lines and how our products met or exceed
specification.Physical RequirementsRequires standing, walking,
bending, squatting or twisting on a regular basis. May require the
ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or reach
with hands and arms occasionally. Requires the ability to carry,
lift, move or push up to 20 pounds on a regular basis and may be
required to carry, lift, move or push 100 or more pounds on an
occasional basis. Must be able to talk and listen to others.
Frequently uses hands or fingers to handle of feel. Frequent use of
manual dexterity and visualization of a computer screen through the
day. Requires ability to see up close and distant, distinguish
colors, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
adjust focus.Work EnvironmentThis position regularly works in an
office setting and also frequently visits company sites in all
types of indoor and outdoor conditions including near moving
mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, extreme heat, cold
and humidity. Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic fumes or
chemicals. Regular noise levels range from minimal to moderate, but
may be very loud when visiting job sites.Most of the job duties
require the employee to be working with computers and electronic
media on a regular basis.To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this
position in a satisfactory manner. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by most people
assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.EEO
StatementIt is the policy of Building Controls and Services, Inc.
(BCS) to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic
information or any other protected characteristic under applicable
law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including,
but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion,
transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates
of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the
use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored
employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for
bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age
limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.AA
StatementAs part of the company's equal employment opportunity
policy, Building Controls and Services, Inc. (BCS) will also take
affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive
Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled
veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans,
Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons
are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional
Keywords: Building Controls and Services, Wichita , Account Sales Executive, Sales , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!