Certified Medication Aide
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: November 23, 2021
General Purpose:The Certified Medication Aide is responsible for
passing medications and the tasks of personal care and incidental
activities of daily living for patients of all ages in inpatient
facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes and other institutions.
Performs care and delegated tasks as directed by the nursing plan
of care and/or supervisor as permitted by policies and procedures
of the facility and allowed under state law/regulation. Essential
- Passes medications and give treatments according to
physicians--- orders and in accordance with facility policy.
- May be required to give shift report on status of
- May be required to document in the resident records.
- Responsible for notifying charge nurse of medications needing
to be refilled.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized medication
car and medication room. --
- Provides for patient---s personal hygiene, grooming, and
comfort needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, backrubs,
shampoos, shaves, bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail
care, and oral hygiene.
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and
use of personnel protective equipment.
- Observes and reports the condition of patient/client to the
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver the care and
assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and range of motion
- Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to:
measuring and documenting intake and output; blood glucose
monitoring; urine specimen collections; measurements of vital
signs; and weight.
- Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings,
surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic
- Transports patients and equipment within the facility as
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (---PHI---)
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities.--
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Wichita , Certified Medication Aide, Other , Wichita, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!